Hey Blitzers! It’s time for October, or better yet Halloween Month! Tiff and I have our costumes on and I must say we look adorable. We do hope you enjoy our boo-tiful looks and first class puns in our newest video! 😁
Today I will be going through the updates for October, starting with release R37.1.0 and ending with R37.2.0. October is filled to the brim with Villains, festive alternates of classic Disney Emojis, and finally my favorite, The Nightmare Before Christmas! I mention this in the video, but I really do watch it every Halloween 🎃 and Christmas 🎄. ‘Tis a great feat to cover two major holidays in one spectacular film. Technically it even covers Easter just a tad…😜 🐰
I mention this every update, just to be safe! Please connect to the internet to download our game updates on your device. R37.1.0 comes out on October 1, so check your store around then! One of the great things about Disney Emoji Blitz is that you can play without internet connection. However, you won’t be able to get any new content until you download the latest update while on WiFi*!
*Some platforms may receive the update at a later time, but rest assured it will be before the events start.
Here are the new Emojis debuting in October:
- Thackery Binx from Hocus Pocus (Can’t have Halloween without a classic black cat! 😼)
- The Mayor from The Nightmare Before Christmas (BOTH sides of his face!)
- Dr. Finkelstein from The Nightmare Before Christmas (Yes, you do see his head open…🤣)
- Devil Dale (You MUST see his power…I guarantee it will be your favorite prize wheel yet! 👀)
On our Event Calendar, you will now see the below events for October!
- October 1-31: Dr. Facilier’s Spirit Spectacular Token Quest
- October 2-6: Hook Villain Event
- October 8-12: Hocus Pocus Survival Event
- October 14-15: Villains Challenge
- October 16-19: Lady Tremaine Villain Event
- October 21-26: The Nightmare Before Christmas Clear Event
- October 28 – November 1: Halloween Item Card Event
- We also have our daily giveaways!
Other Game Updates
First of all, there is an exciting new feature that we will be testing starting October 2 with the Hook Villain Event…Map Timers! This means that you can actually bypass the Emoji Requirements for the map if you wait out the timer.
We will be running some tests on this feature at first to ensure it is the best it can be before fully rolling it out to everyone. Let me organize the testing plan by event where you might run into a timer:
- During the Hook Villain Event on October 2-6, you will see the below map timer on some of the maps if you are a new player. New players are defined as any player that has been playing for 21 days or less.
- During the Hocus Pocus Survival Event on October 8-12, the testing groups will be expanded past new players.
- During the The Nightmare Before Christmas Clear Event on October 21-26, we will test once again with new players only.
I was really excited to see this new feature and I wanted to tell you about it as early as I could! However, please note again that this is a testing period. Not everyone will see it and we are trying to gather what the best experience is for our players before its full implementation. We really appreciate your patience as we do this!
Another feature that went live with R37.0.0 is our Sign-In with Apple! Basically, for iOS players, we are able to offer another way to save your game! You can either sign-in with your Apple ID or Facebook. We really hope this helps our players. 🥰
Lastly, I did want to share with you some special stuff we will do for the Halloween season on our social channels!
- We will have a few new sweepstakes rolling out in October! Our next regular sweeps will be for different boosts! I will be trying to time certain ones with events that I feel they help with. For example, our first one will be for More Items Boosts on October 4 during our Hook Villain Event. I use More Items Boosts during Villain events A LOT to speed up my progression, so I hope they help you too!
- We will also have a very special sweepstakes for Disney Halloween merchandise from ShopDisney on October 15 at 8:00 AM PST! FIVE (5) winners will be chosen for this sweepstakes so don’t miss it on our Facebook! 👀 For the full rules, click here!
- We will be starting to ramp up more content on our YouTube in October! Our next video will discuss boosts starring Eric, Game Designer. This means we will try to do videos TWICE a month instead of once! I really hope you enjoy hearing from more of our developers as we dive deeper into the world of Disney Emoji Blitz!
Thanks for reading about our October Updates! Until next time, Happy Blitzin’!