Hey Blitzers! Today we are celebrating a little something we’re calling Mickey and Friends(giving), and we couldn’t be more excited! I wanted to take a moment to share some ways we are getting in on the fun, even when many of us can’t be together! Enjoy!
How is Disney Emoji Blitz celebrating Friends(giving)?
There are a few fun ways we are digging into the delicious Friends(giving) festivities that I wanted to share with you!
- Our in-game November Token Quest is themed around Friends(giving)! You’ve definitely noticed this by now, but for this Token Quest you’ve been collecting Pumpkin Pie Tokens to help you win food-related Emojis! Getting hungry, yet? Perfect, because…
- We are hosting in-game Friends(giving) Giveaways from November 25-30, so be sure to log in every day to get a chest filled with boosts, coins, tokens, lives or even an Emoji! And finally…
- On our Facebook, we are doing a special sweepstakes for 5 lucky winners to win a slow cooker from BoxLunch! TODAY ONLY, click here to enter! *Note that many of you may not be able to share screenshots, so we will accept comments as entry! Thank you for your patience and understanding!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Only one entry allowed per Facebook account. US residents only, must be 18+. Sweepstakes runs 11/19/20 at 8:00 AM PST – 11/19/20 at 8:00 PM PST. Each winner receives a Disney Mickey Mouse Mickey Food Heads Slow Cooker from BoxLunch (valued at $49.90). Disney, BoxLunch, and Facebook are not Sponsors and are not involved in the sweepstakes. Terms and conditions apply. Click here for rules.
Have any fun recipes for Friends(giving)?
This year, Mickey and Friends(giving) is all about PIZZA, and the Disney Emoji Blitz team just had to share a couple fun pizza recipes that we love!
Vincent’s Cast Iron Pizza
Vincent, Creative Director, creates truly delicious pizza right out of a cast iron skillet! I would say this is your most gourmet option from us today! He is soooo fancy! 😍
- (1) 28-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes drained with juice reserved
- (5) tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- (2) garlic cloves, minced
- (1) teaspoon red wine vinegar
- (1) teaspoon dried oregano
- (½) teaspoon table salt
- (¼) teaspoon pepper
- (1) pound of pizza dough, room temperature
Ingredients – Pizza Dough
- (11 ⅝) ounces bread flour, plus extra as needed
- (1 ⅛) teaspoons instant or rapid-rise yeast
- (¾) teaspoon of table salt
- (1) tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- (¾) cup of warm water (110 degrees)
Ingredients – Toppings
- (8) ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced ¼ inch thick and patted dry with paper towels
- (2) tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Bell Peppers
- Red Onion
- Black Olives
- Pre-heat oven to 500 degrees.
- Mix dough in a food processor, transfer to counter and then knead by hand until smooth.
- Place dough in a lightly greased large bowl, cover with greased plastic wrap and let rise until doubled in size.
- Process tomatoes, 1 tablespoon of the oil, garlic, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper in a food processor until smooth, about 30 seconds. Transfer mixture to 2-cup liquid measuring cup and add reserved tomato juice until sauce measures 2 cups. Reserve 1 cup sauce; set aside remaining sauce for another use.
- Press and roll dough into 11-inch round and arrange in a greased cast iron skillet.
- Add pasta sauce first, then cheese. Add pepperoni and vegetables. Top off with more cheese and black olives.
- Set skillet over medium-high heat and cook until outside edge of dough is set, pizza is lightly puffed, and bottom is spotty brown when lifted with spatula.
- Place skillet in pre-heated oven at 500 degrees. Bake until edge of pizza is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Let the pizza cool for about 5 minutes before sliding out gently with a spatula onto a wire rack to cool. Cut and serve!
Emoji Jenny’s Thanksgiving Leftovers Pizza
I’m going to tell you my quick, simple Thanksgiving Leftovers Pizza recipe. This is always fun (and yummy) to make the day after Thanksgiving!
- 1 ready to bake pizza crust
- Leftover gravy (I make my gravy from the drippings of the turkey, so lots of garlic and butter)
- Leftover turkey (I do a garlic and herb butter stuffed turkey)
- Leftover mashed potatoes (with parsley)
- Leftover stuffing
- Leftover cranberry sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Roll out your pizza dough to desired thickness and size.
- Take a greased pizza pan and spread the dough evenly.
- Spread the gravy in an even layer on top of the dough, leaving a bit of space from the edges for the crust.
- Top with turkey and then cheese (will keep the turkey from drying out if cheese is on top).
- Make a layer of staggered spoonfuls of mashed potatoes and stuffing.
- Drizzle some cranberry sauce around as desired.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and starting to brown.
💖 Pro tip from Matt, Senior Software Engineer: A fun substitution would be green bean casserole as your sauce!
I hope you all have a wonderful Friends(giving)!! Until next time, Happy Blitzin’!